Thursday, September 6, 2012

Get Fit - Stay Fit

One of my sporadic fitness pursuits is running. I did a few triathalons way back in the early 90s. I've participated in a few Running Room clinics over the years and have run a few 5k and 10k races. My most recent 10k race (a New Year's Eve Resolution Run) was 31 December 2009 followed on 24 January 2010 by my first (and only) half marathan - aptly called the Hypothermic Half. With my 50th birthday coming up in next summer, time is running out (no pun intended) to get my ass in gear - to get fit - and (this time) - to stay fit! Today a Big Idea Festival prompt challenged me to document a dream: one is to complete a marathon before I turn 50. My 20 minute run today is a step in that direction. (September 6, 2012)
Created using a bonus template from Jenn Lindsay that was available in the September 2012 Digi Files (at the Daily Digi) and paper from the August 2012 Digi Files Malihini Kit by Wishing Well Creations whose products are available at The Digi Chicks. The Big Idea Festival is a free 14 day workshop available at Big Picture Classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment